Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 19 - mobile mechanic pensacola

Sat 12/18
After each clinic is over, I always think to myself "gee, i wish I had taken more pictures!" Today was no different. The good people of pensacola came out in great numbers to show support for jake and to get their bikes worked on. The event was at ever'mans, a natural food coop, and was another big success.
My host, randy, took me to a pensacola beach staple for breakfast, where I had some very filling biscuits and gravy. It was a good thing, because I didny get much of a break once I got the mobile mechanic all set up. Evermans is really involved with lots of community events here and did a fantastic job with promotions. They had flyers all over the store and a sign out front. People stopped by steadily all day to wish jake well. People here were very well informed about holistic medicine and knew how much the right food can contribute to healing. Lots wanted to make sure jake knew about raw and macrobiotic foods and were glad to hear he had already taken that step. People were also aware of how important it is to stay positive, and how focusing mental energy on healing can make all the difference.
After it was over, randy and his wife sunaree had arranged for some people to come over to their house for delicious homemade pizza.  Mostly they were friends from the west florida wheelmen bike club, and people shared bike stories long into the night. I think when it was said and done randy and sunaree had made 7 pizzas. I took care of at least a whole one, no problem. It was really a fun stop, and everyone at the pizza party agreed that I lucked out on finding such great hosts.
Im on the homestretch now, and I cant believe ill be in gainesville in a week. Only 370 miles to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment