Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 26 - gainesville

Sat 12/25
Well, I made it to gainesville. Sorry for the blog delay, I ate christmas dinner and then crashed out early. I was really happy to get here, especially when it started pouring rain last night.
The ride was definitely a grind. I had wanted to leave early but didnt really get to. It was mostly flat but windy (again) and progress was slow. I was just beat from 70 miles the day before. I stopped for lunch after 30 miles at itchatucknee springs, the headwaters of the itchatucknee river. It was pretty and clear and blue but I didnt stay long and kept riding. I would be there later than I wanted already.
Jake had been at his parent's house outside of gainesville with the family, and he came back to meet in town. I showered up and we went back out there for dinner and amusements. There was family singing and a tree with all the trimmings. It was a great way to acknowledge the christmas season, which I sort of spent on a bike. I missed my family, my usual christmas companions, very much.
Im hoping to post some more ramblings from the ride and otherwise as they occur to me, so keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment