Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 25 - white springs

I can't believe I'm only 70 miles from gainesville. this trip has gone by so fast. it really seems like just the other day that I was rolling out of austin. being on the road is lots of fun, but ill be really glad to be among friends tomorrow.
Before I set out, Oona made a delicious breakfast of eggs, bacon and bagels. There was also fresh oj, a  probiotic smoothie and blueberries in the cottage fridge. It was amazing! Oona and Zef are great people who have a good instinct for doing what makes them happy. Theyve cast off the shackles of the workaday world in favor of a simpler life. I think thats why we got along so well.
Before I left their property I went to go check out an old family cemetary with a couple of c.s.a. markers in it. Once I hit the road, the first 40 miles were on highway 90. It was more rural and prettier than it had been in the preceeding days. I just tried to settle into a rhythm. After 30 miles I stopped for lunch and made sure to hit the open grocery store for a food resupply. I didnt want to be caught out on christmas with no lunch. It was still relatively busy, even on the smaller roads. I stopped frequently, but didnt take too many pictures. Mostly it was pine trees and farmland.
I crossed over i75 and turned into lees country campground, my last stop of the tour. Mostly they do rvs, but there was basically  no one here so I had my pick of the spots. Christmas eve dinner was mac n cheese with cookies for dessert. It felt like a treat to me. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. I'm definitely feeling a little more alone tonight, but I just keep reminding myself ill be there soon. I talked to my family and to jake, and really felt loved.
I wish that I could provide some comprehensive insight to wrap up the whole trip, but it hasnt come to me yet. Probably because im not quite done. Ive really enjoyed writing blog though, because it helps me organize and categorize my thoughts. Look for some pictures tomorrow of the grand arrival. I cant wait to see everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment