Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 2 - College Station

It was 30 degrees when I woke up this morning. Brrr! I am already wearing the extra warm clothes that I wasn't even sure I would bring. When bike touring, less is more except when it comes to keeping warm. there was more wind today from the southwest, exactly in the direction of college station. I'm taking it as a sign that the universe wants me in gainesville.
About 40 miles in I stopped at at huge oak tree that had been butchered to make room for power lines. Underneath I found a geocaching capsule. Its like an ongoing world wide game of hide and seek with GPS.  I took a little coin and considered leaving my smiley bike button, but left a rollin for the colon flyer instead (not pictured).
The total to college station was only 52, less than I thought. I met up with jason, my gracious host. Hes a cool guy who has ridden bikes and motorcycles all over the u.s. His girlfriend, hannah, brought some of her mom's chili from thanksgiving, amd pumpkin bread baked right in a coffee can!  It was delish. I also found a little 12oz jar of pnut butter, the perfect size for touring! There is some bike gathering tonight, meeting at 10 o clock. If I can stay awake im gonna go recruit for tomorrow. Stayed tuned for pictures from the mobile mechanic!

No comments:

Post a Comment